The supplement nobody asked for--ANOTHER super-power system for Fate players
Get the gang together! No new rules to learn (well, maybe a couple but they're
basic). No long lists of power mods to paralyze you with indecision. Describe your
superhero concept, get buy-in from the group, write them up in minutes building on
Fate Rule #1: Aspects are always true, and start playing.
Super-Powered Fate is a compact (23 page) guide to the free-form description of superhuman
powers with Aspects, Skills, and Stunts, written for Fate Condensed and compatable with
- A discussion of character-creation choices balancing Aspects, Skills, Refresh, and Stunts
for superhero campaigns.
- An examination of Setting Rules (Power Scale, Collateral Consequences, etc.) especially
appropriate to supers games.
- Step-by-step instructions for using Character Aspects as Power Aspects, choosing Skills
(or creating new Power Skills), and fleshing out powers with Stunts.
- A review of the original Fate Skill List, with suggestions on how each Skill may work with
a superhuman power.
- A collection of Stunts especially useful for super-powered play, with guidelines for creating
more Power Stunts.
- 10 superhero archtypes as templates for building Power Aspects, Skills, and Stunts.
- 4 Fully worked sample characters, used as character-construction examples throughout.
- The art of Travis Hanson (because he's awesome).
NOTE: THE POWER ASPECT SYSTEM DESCRIBED IN SPF IS ADAPTED FROM
WEARING THE CAPE: THE ROLEPLAYING GAME. IF YOU ALREADY HAVE THAT, YOU DON'T NEED THIS.
. . . UNLESS YOU'RE A COMPLETEST LIKE ME.